Binalyze provides Offline License Activation for customers that have limited or no Internet connectivity. Note that Trial licenses cannot be activated offline. The required steps are outlined below:
IMPORTANT NOTE: This procedure only applies to versions prior to v1.8.
- Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Binalyze\AIR\server” folder and open “.env” file with a preferred text editor;
- Change “AIR_OFFLINE_LICENSE=false” to “AIR_OFFLINE_LICENSE=true”.
- If “AIR_OFFLINE_LICENSE” field is not present in the file, add it manually.
- Contact Binalyze Support to get Offline Licensing Server application.
- Copy offline licensing server application and the license file to the “C:\Binalyze\AIR” folder on the server where the AIR console is installed.
- Start command prompt with administrator privileges and run the following command:
sc.exe create Binalyze.AIR.Licensing binPath= "C:\Binalyze\AIR\licensing-service.exe" start= auto
- Start Service Control Manager by navigating to the Start menu then type “services” in the search bar and make sure that the Binalyze.AIR.Licensing service is registered under services.
- Start Binalyze.AIR.Licensing service
- Restart Binalyze.AIR.Console service.
- Navigate to AIR Console and enter your license key.
- Complete the installation by following the setup guide via AIR Console.