Using webhooks in Dynatrace, whenever Dynatrace detects a problem in the environment, a webhook triggers an HTTP POST request to a target URL that AIR Console.
- Visit the Webhooks page in Binalyze AIR,
- Click the "+ New Webhook" button in the upper right corner,
- Provide a self-explanatory name,
- Select "Dynatrace Webhook Parser" as the parser for this webhook,
- Select an Acquisition Profile when the trigger activates this webhook,
- Select the Ignore option or leave with its default value (defaults to 24 hours for recurrent alerts for a single endpoint),
- Provide other settings such as Evidence Repository, CPU Limit, Compression & Encryption to use or let AIR configure them automatically based on the matching policy
- Click the "Save" button
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Settings > Integration > Problem notifications,
- Select Add notification, and a drop-down sub-menu appears,
- Display name This is the freeform name of this integration that will be displayed in Dynatrace on Settings > Integration > Problem notifications after finishing this configuration.
- Webhook URL The WebHook URL that you created in Step 1,
- Custom payload Once a problem is detected or resolved, this customizable payload is pushed through an HTTP POST to AIR,
- Optional Turn on Accept any SSL certificate,
- Optional Turn on Call webhook if new events merge into existing problems,
- Assign an Alerting profile,
- Select Send test notification to make sure your webhook integration is working,
- Save changes.